Being considerate... What does that REALLY mean?
Hello all,
This is my first blog to all those in cyber space. A very close friend of mine who also blogs e-mailed me the other day and called me "considerate". I began to ponder on what this really meant. Does it mean that I'm friendly who thinks of others?? Does it mean that I don't have a mind of my own and so I agree with everything that is said?? Or does it mean that I don't wish to cause controversy so I mearly just put up and shut up???
The other thing that you all must consider is that I'm from the Land of Oz and so..(just getting my thoughts together) sometimes, the inference of a word over here is different...
Have a great new year... of course it's 3pm in the afternoon on new years day in sydney.
Take care
This is my first blog to all those in cyber space. A very close friend of mine who also blogs e-mailed me the other day and called me "considerate". I began to ponder on what this really meant. Does it mean that I'm friendly who thinks of others?? Does it mean that I don't have a mind of my own and so I agree with everything that is said?? Or does it mean that I don't wish to cause controversy so I mearly just put up and shut up???
The other thing that you all must consider is that I'm from the Land of Oz and so..(just getting my thoughts together) sometimes, the inference of a word over here is different...
Have a great new year... of course it's 3pm in the afternoon on new years day in sydney.
Take care

3 Comments:
At January 1, 2005 at 3:32 PM,
Etelmik said…
Hey Aussie!
Maybe it means that you're very considering of the situation and of the person before you act. So sometimes in wisdom you do shut up, and other times in wisdom you don't. It also means being kind in tone and appropriate for there feelings and sensitive.
That's how I view it. I do think you're right that a lot of people tend to view it only in the context of shutting up because of how sensitive someone's situation or context is, and not making waves. But the truly considerate person knows that if he or she is going to a good friend, they need to be truthful. As it says in Galatians 4:16: "Am I therefore your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
At January 1, 2005 at 9:02 PM,
missiongal said…
Thanks Toasty,
Yeah, I do agree that people that I confide in and tell all to could really be my enemy... Very interesting.. Will ponder and write more later
At January 2, 2005 at 10:39 AM,
Etelmik said…
Uh...that's not what it meant. =)
He was saying, "So what, I'm your enemy for telling you the truth?" Basically, he's not. But sometimes people forget that the truth, which is what a friend should always say, is hard.
Post a Comment
<< Home