So happy that it's not just me...
I am very pleased, chuffed, happy and all the adjectives that i can think that mean the same to find that i was not the only person who thought that Steve's mother was a nut case (to say the least)..
17 months ago I became engaged to a fantastic man named stephen. We fell madly, passionately in love about 18 months before then (total time together before marriage - three years). Since the beginning of our relatonship we have suffered constant abuse and harrasment at the hands of his mother and scheming sisters. It got to a point that when Stephen and I began living with each other she decided to yell at him over the phone, saying that he no longer had a fmily and he was not her son. Stephen knew what kind of woman she was but this was heartbreak kind of stuff...
Anyway the relationship has weathered the storm and we are now married.
It is one thing to tell a person one thing about someone and for them to really undestand it but it is another for that same person to come to you and say something more horrifying.. What I mean is for the past three years I have been trying to explain to my friends and family about the type of woman my mother-in-law is. See, she has not met any of them because she chooses to live her life by the internet in a small office at her home morning, noon and night. She has the biggest anti-social personality I have ever met (and I work with people with disabilities!). I can stand there and say to a work collegue of mine "she yelled at steve that he wasn't her son anymore" and they reply .."oh, right, a bit nasty wasn't it?". I always seemed to leave the conversation feeling that they never really grasped how emotional the whole thing was.
Until my wedding day.
Steve's mum sat in the front row with her body turned away from us and during the ceremony we both heard her say to her 6 year old grand-son "get a photo of Uncle Steve and I mean, only Uncle Steve.." Throughout the beginning of the reception, until they left, the family bitched about the place settings, the cuttlery, the music, the lighting, the cake... every litle pathetic thing. Ofcourse Steve and I knew this was what they were like and so it didn't phase us... we were married now so we just concentrated on enoying the evening...
I returned to work after a most peaceful honeymoon and could not believe the response that I got from my fellow staff members..
I am so pleased that people now know and understand what my mother-in-law is like!
17 months ago I became engaged to a fantastic man named stephen. We fell madly, passionately in love about 18 months before then (total time together before marriage - three years). Since the beginning of our relatonship we have suffered constant abuse and harrasment at the hands of his mother and scheming sisters. It got to a point that when Stephen and I began living with each other she decided to yell at him over the phone, saying that he no longer had a fmily and he was not her son. Stephen knew what kind of woman she was but this was heartbreak kind of stuff...
Anyway the relationship has weathered the storm and we are now married.
It is one thing to tell a person one thing about someone and for them to really undestand it but it is another for that same person to come to you and say something more horrifying.. What I mean is for the past three years I have been trying to explain to my friends and family about the type of woman my mother-in-law is. See, she has not met any of them because she chooses to live her life by the internet in a small office at her home morning, noon and night. She has the biggest anti-social personality I have ever met (and I work with people with disabilities!). I can stand there and say to a work collegue of mine "she yelled at steve that he wasn't her son anymore" and they reply .."oh, right, a bit nasty wasn't it?". I always seemed to leave the conversation feeling that they never really grasped how emotional the whole thing was.
Until my wedding day.
Steve's mum sat in the front row with her body turned away from us and during the ceremony we both heard her say to her 6 year old grand-son "get a photo of Uncle Steve and I mean, only Uncle Steve.." Throughout the beginning of the reception, until they left, the family bitched about the place settings, the cuttlery, the music, the lighting, the cake... every litle pathetic thing. Ofcourse Steve and I knew this was what they were like and so it didn't phase us... we were married now so we just concentrated on enoying the evening...
I returned to work after a most peaceful honeymoon and could not believe the response that I got from my fellow staff members..
I am so pleased that people now know and understand what my mother-in-law is like!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home