Stressing out..
Have you ever been in a situation where you feel powerless? I have been frustrated lately watching friends get themselves into meaningless reltionships... yeah, I know, it's not my lfe, I shouldn't be putting my values onto other people... blah blah blah. But I do, ok? What can I do? I love these people like they were my own flesh and blood and it hurts me to see them upset.
One of my frieds has hooked herself up with one of my best guy-mates. He's lovely.. but he thinks too much of himself sometimes and she is as stubborn as a mule. He was the best man at my wedding and I love the guy like a brother and she is the sister I never had. Since i arrived home from my honeymoon they have argued about (in my opinion) pathetic crap. I'm not sure what I can do about it. I see no sence in arguing about things that are meaningless.. Why should people cause drama for themselves?? I wouldn't care so much but they are around Steve and I constantly and it's causing us a little discomfort watching it all unfold..
Another girlfriend of mine has 2 children with a school friend of mine. I met her through him (obviously) and now we are pretty close but he has turned into and ass. He is into drugs and stuff and I don't think that it is a very good environment for the kids to be in. I try and support all of them the best I can. I find that I get too involved where the kids are concerned.. I even had them the day before I was married because mummy and daddy were arguing...
I think that I just try to do too much for too many people and am spreading myself a little too thinly.. and it's all just a bit much for me these days..
One of my frieds has hooked herself up with one of my best guy-mates. He's lovely.. but he thinks too much of himself sometimes and she is as stubborn as a mule. He was the best man at my wedding and I love the guy like a brother and she is the sister I never had. Since i arrived home from my honeymoon they have argued about (in my opinion) pathetic crap. I'm not sure what I can do about it. I see no sence in arguing about things that are meaningless.. Why should people cause drama for themselves?? I wouldn't care so much but they are around Steve and I constantly and it's causing us a little discomfort watching it all unfold..
Another girlfriend of mine has 2 children with a school friend of mine. I met her through him (obviously) and now we are pretty close but he has turned into and ass. He is into drugs and stuff and I don't think that it is a very good environment for the kids to be in. I try and support all of them the best I can. I find that I get too involved where the kids are concerned.. I even had them the day before I was married because mummy and daddy were arguing...
I think that I just try to do too much for too many people and am spreading myself a little too thinly.. and it's all just a bit much for me these days..

2 Comments:
At March 30, 2005 at 12:13 PM,
Etelmik said…
Wow. That is so my life. Or was. I'm just barely kind of letting go. One should always let go, but we can only do so much and we aren't responsible for them, just ourselves.
Make sure you are okay, then go serve.
At March 30, 2005 at 4:20 PM,
missiongal said…
Thanks Glad to see that someone is reading my stuff and commenting.
I told you were are similar creatures... you believe me now?
Post a Comment
<< Home