missiongal

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Little Kiddies...

So Steve and I have been married for three weeks and we have been talking about having children for the last 6 months. He has even picked out our kids names - Katelyn Anne for a girl and Zachary Edward for a boy...

So he says to me yesterday, when do you think you will want to have children? Well, there is alot to concider... Without discussing it much in detail, I took Steve to our local baby shop "Babies Galore". It has everything, bed sets, prams, walkers, car seats, right down to the murals and the picture borders that hang on the wall.

Steve is pretty switched on about kids - he helped his brother raise his two boys. But he has never had to work out what one little baby would cost... I know that it is not all about cost but I needed him to fully understand what a commitment it is, especially when he is still an apprentice, earning $400.00 a week.

Steve was amazed at the price of things. In total, without skimping on anything it would cost us $3500.00. Thats not including clothes or food - just the pram, cot, car seat, bath, a few pieces of bedroom furniture, a steriliser and a portable cot. We could do it cheaper, but he wants our baby to have quality.

I think I will be pregnant by the end of this year (Nov, Dec). I really want us to be financially secure first before we dive in head first. We have to clear our debt from the wedding and other things (done by June) and then I would like to save about $5000. Is it unrealistic? I don't think so but who knows?

Is there a time to have children?? Should I wait to see if things smooth with Steve's parent's
(I think NOT)??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home