Church times Frustration
So I haven't been to church in my own ward for ages and I decided to be bold and unashamed (why I felt like this I have no idea) and ask the Elders what time the Sacrement meeting was on in my ward (Campbelltown 1)... 1 o'clock!!! How stupid is that!!!
Church in Mittagong is where I was introduced to the church and I feel really comfortable there. It's where my friends are and I know all the leaders and the President. Sacrement at Mittagong starts at 9.30am and by the time I've driven down there (40 minute drive) gone to Sacrement, taught a lesson for primary (as a visitor of course), seen my dear friends and driven home, I'm still back before church starts in Campbelltown.
It really sucks. 1 o'clock is slap bang in the middle of my day and with my hubby now working nights, if I went to church i would see less of him (he is not a member). Steve gets up at about midday so if I changed to Campbelltown 1, I would have to say "see ya" at 12.45 until I saw him again at 3.30pm. Now, I'm able to go to church and home again before he is even stirring.
I know it is important to go to church in your own ward and stuff but man, this is not encouraging me to want to leave Mittagong.
Church in Mittagong is where I was introduced to the church and I feel really comfortable there. It's where my friends are and I know all the leaders and the President. Sacrement at Mittagong starts at 9.30am and by the time I've driven down there (40 minute drive) gone to Sacrement, taught a lesson for primary (as a visitor of course), seen my dear friends and driven home, I'm still back before church starts in Campbelltown.
It really sucks. 1 o'clock is slap bang in the middle of my day and with my hubby now working nights, if I went to church i would see less of him (he is not a member). Steve gets up at about midday so if I changed to Campbelltown 1, I would have to say "see ya" at 12.45 until I saw him again at 3.30pm. Now, I'm able to go to church and home again before he is even stirring.
I know it is important to go to church in your own ward and stuff but man, this is not encouraging me to want to leave Mittagong.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home