missiongal

Thursday, March 31, 2005

moving, babies, marriage n other stuff.

Today we are moving into our "New Family Home".

It all seems a bit strange to me. More and more I am feeling the "commitment" of marriage now. People have asked me "Is there a difference in the relationship once you're married?" In the past few weeks I have replied "No". Today, I feel as though there is a bit of a change. We are moving to our new home where we will hope to live until we buy a home ourselves. Our first child will live there with us and there will be plenty of room for our new puppy. It's exciting but at the same time there is some emphasis on longevity... strange...

Moving bugs me which is why I refuse not to move again until we buy. We might even buy the home we are moving into as an older couple own it.. who knows, I might not have to move again for a very long time! Yeah!!!

The packing is the worst for me because then you have to unpack. I used to like when I only had a bedroom full of stuff, seemed so much easier to move around. Now I have a house full and I hate looking at all the little bits and pieces. I have come across sets of glasses that I forgot I even had, which means that they have sat in the cupboard for over two years.. But on the other hand, I can say that what I have now is what Steve and I have bought together and that has a nice ring to it.

Last night I had a discussion with my mother about having a child. She was reserved in her comments not because she doesn't want me to have a child but because she doesn't like to think that she is the age that she can have a grand child. She is a very young 52, so much so that a few friends of mine, at different times over the years, have asked who my older sister is... not my older sister, as I am the oldest, but my mother...

Anyway, we talked about it and she seemed happy that we were planning for a child and that we were doing all the right things regarding saving etc. Her only concern was that Steve was still only young - he's 21 at the end of this year (6 and a bit years older than me).

I am really excited that the weekend is almost here as I am going to be speaking to a very long distance person on Saturday morning. Isn't technology great? I can speak to a guy on the other side of the world by simply dialling a few numbers... Can't wait to hear his voice, I have so much to tell him..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home