missiongal

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ageing

I am very nervous. Tomorrw I am going to see my grandfather who is starting early onset dementia. I haven't seen him for a few months and my dad told me today not to be surprised or hurt that my grandfather has deteriorated.

He is 83 today and he has had a good life. He was an imigrant to australia when he was five. He came from Italy with his parents so that they coudl work on the snowy mountains scheme. My grandfather is an honerable man who has worked hard all of his life, only giving up work at the fruit markets a few years ago.

I have very fond memories of he and I going off to market when I was younger. My nervousness exists because I love my grandfather dearly and I don not want to be bothered by who I see tomorrow - the shadow of the man he once was. I don't want this image of him to ccloud the the memories i have of him and I when I was younger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home